Retail Account Manager – Nashville/Chattanooga
(Entry Level Position & Pay)
Highland Brewing Company is seeking entry level candidates for a Retail Account Manager to join the “wee bit different” team as we expand our markets in Tennessee. Successful candidates will be located in the Nashville area. This role serves both Nashville and Chattanooga and assists with occasional needs in Knoxville and Louisville.
Highland Brewing Company is a growing and dynamic craft brewer in Asheville, NC. From our humble beginnings as Asheville’s first legal brewer after Prohibition, to our 22nd anniversary as Asheville’s premier craft brewer, we have always focused on quality, respect and integrity. We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Job Title: Retail Account Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Market Development Manager
Responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned geography and maintaining relationships with retailers and distributor personnel
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains relationships with key retailers in assigned areas
- Develops and maintains relationships with distributor middle management and sales personnel
- Grows volume and profitability in assigned geography
- Executes assigned tasks developed by Marketing Development Manager, for each assigned distributor which include volume and distribution goals
- Provides a direct line of communication to the brewery
- Provides detailed written communication following market visits
- Executes beer tastings, special events, and festivals
- Educates wait staff and customers about Highland products
- Communicate beer donations and requests for merchandise for 501(c)(3) organizations within assigned geography to Marketing Development Manager
- Manages the sale and inventory of Highland-branded merchandise at special events and festivals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Associate Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
1-3 years relevant sales experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in social media tools
- Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work events on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel overnight is required.