Highland Brewing Company is seeking experienced candidates for a Quality Technician to join the “wee bit different” team in our exciting hill-top brewery, event center and meadow complex.
Highland Brewing Company is a growing and dynamic craft brewer in Asheville, NC. From our humble beginnings as Asheville’s first legal brewer after Prohibition, to our 22nd anniversary as Asheville’s premier craft brewer, we have always focused on quality, respect and integrity. We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Job Title: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible for quality control testing and analysis to help ensure the consistent high quality of Highland beer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Collects, organizes and presents QA/QC data from raw materials through packaging
* Utilizes sterile technique to collect and process microbiological samples
* Performs chemical and analytical testing on product samples
* Follows Standard Operating Procedures to execute a robust testing regimen
* Maintains, calibrates, and verifies accuracy of lab equipment
* Facilitates tasting panel where necessary
* Performs troubleshooting where necessary on process or equipment
* Understands and follows all safety procedures and wears appropriate PPE
* Collaborates with other departments to tackle issues as they arise
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Brewing school with lab experience, or a 4-year degree in natural sciences is preferred.
* At least one year of relevant experience is required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Understanding of fermentation science and the elements of brewing
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems related to product and/or equipment
* Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize multiple demands
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of recipes, processes, procedures, and other internal information
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
* Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment and machinery is required.
* Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
* Willingness to occasionally work events on evenings and weekends is required.