We are looking for candidates to work in our Packaging Department on bottling, canning and kegging lines. Preferred candidates have previously worked in an industrial manufacturing environment and are comfortable with physical labor and machinery noise. In exchange for hard work we offer a minimum starting rate of $11.00 and a full time job with benefits, including 70% paid health insurance, 401(k) match plus paid time off for personal needs and vacation. However, the best benefit we offer is being part of a growing industry, fun co-workers and yes, free beer. If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Job Title: Production Associate
FLSA Status: Full-time hourly
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Production Associate supports the Packaging Team on the bottling, canning and kegging lines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Performs assigned tasks at various stations on the bottling, canning and kegging lines
* Loading cases and 6 pack carriers into erector machine
* Delivering packaging supplies to various stations on multiple packaging lines
* Removes and discards plastic wrap from pallets
* Erects 12 pack trays for canning line
* Stacks completed cases of cans onto pallet
* Cleans and racks kegs for filling
* End of shift cleaning: foaming conveyors, washing lines, hosing and scrubbing floors
* Off load trucks of supplies and place in inventory
* Completes required paperwork accurately in a neat and timely manner
* Helps maintain equipment
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
* At least one year of related experience in a production facility preferred
* Industry experience with beer packaging and related equipment preferred
* Experience in forklift operation, preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to follow directions
* Ability to safely operate machinery
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Ability to recognize and respond to machinery malfunctions and safety hazards
* Ability to contribute to positive work environment
* Ability to learn quickly and apply new procedures and skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Strong work ethic
* Strong communication skills
* Interest in/passion for working in the craft beer industry
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
* Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
* Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
* Willingness to occasionally work events on evenings and weekends is required.