Bartender & Event Staff – Seasonal/On Call Nights & Weekends
At Highland Brewing Company, we’re just a wee bit different.
Our Bartenders have a passion for, and knowledge of, quality craft beer. They enjoy serving our guests in a courteous and friendly way while providing information about our beers, brewing process and consistent commitment to quality. Highland Brewing Company is growing and succeeding in a dynamic industry. We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com. No phone calls or visits accepted in lieu of online application.
Responsible for serving Highland guests in an efficient, professional, and friendly manner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Tends bar
* Greets and serves guests in a polite, helpful manner
* Checks guests’ identification to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
* Determines when a guest has over consumed alcohol and refuses service, when appropriate
* Sells merchandise and packaged beer
* Accurately processes payment for purchases
* Serves as barback, (including collecting dirty glasses; operating dishwasher; and setting up clean glassware, tables, chairs, etc.)
* Cleans Hospitality department tables, floors, restrooms, outside areas, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma preferred
* One or more years bartending or related hospitality experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to accurately manage cash and protect other Highland assets
* Ability to operate merchandise point-of-sale system
* Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
* Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Willingness to work evenings and weekends.