Bar Operations Supervisor
Highland Brewing Company is seeking a customer-and-business-focused hospitality leader for our Bar Operations Supervisor role. This role will be responsible for our managing our Bartending Teams in the Tasting Room, Meadow, Events Center and Roof Top Bar. Successful candidates will be attuned to our guests’ needs and ensure they are anticipated and met by developing a great team.
Highland Brewing Company is a growing and dynamic craft brewer in Asheville, NC. From our humble beginnings as Asheville’s first legal brewer after Prohibition, to our 22nd Anniversary as Asheville’s premier craft brewer, we have always focused on quality, respect and integrity. We offer a fun work environment to other science-and-art-minded individuals who love great beer.
If you meet the following qualifications and are capable of working in a fast paced, artisanal and challenging environment, we would welcome the opportunity to review your resume. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Careers@HighlandBrewing.com.
Job Title: Bar Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Hourly
Reports to: Hospitality General Manager
Leads: Bartenders and Events Teams
This position serves as the point person for supervision/coaching of bartenders and event team staff. Successful candidates will be focused on creating Highland Brewing Company raving fans while promoting responsible use of a fun product. Day to day operational areas will be for the Tasting Room, Event Center, Rooftop Bar, and Meadow. This position primarily works nights, weekends, and some holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Ensures Hospitality areas are clean/well maintained
* Manages logistics of rentals and on-site events daily
* Hires, trains, schedules, and provides on-site supervision of bartenders and event team staff
* Works with Tour & Beer Gear Supervisor to staff events and tours when necessary
* Meets with clients to organize private events and serves as event day contact
* Meets with high profile guests to showcase the Highland brand (distributers, retail accounts, etc)
* Manages calendar of specialty beers on tap
* Assists Hospitality General Manager in managing Hospitality budget and finances
* Maintains POS registers and systems
* Assists Hospitality General Manager in running monthly Hospitality staff meetings
* Tends bar, as needed
* Addresses and resolves customer complaints and concerns.
* Gives brewery tours
* Ensure all Highland Brewing Company quality standards are adhered to including glassware and tap cleanliness.
* Oversees weekly cleaning of taps
* Ensures completion of maintenance/set up of clean glassware, bar, tables, chairs, restrooms, etc.
* Ensures the security/lock-up of Hospitality facilities, when applicable
* Oversees proper drink inventory (kegs, wine, sodas, etc.)
* Compensates Tasting Room entertainment
* Maintains accurate safe deposits and withdrawals
* Replenishes cash in drawers
* Verifies drawer balances
* Runs end-of-day reports and product mix reports to verify drawer balances
* Maintains Hospitality safe log in Excel for accuracy
* Ensures Shift Leaders have verified previous day’s sales
* Provides recap of past events
* Submits Tasting Room monthly expense report by the last day of the following month
* Tracks Hospitality budget comparing performance of actual to budget, investigates variances to budget and prompts further review from management
* Performs other duties as assigned
* High school diploma
* Associates degree in Hospitably or Business Management preferred
* Three years bar management or related experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to manage cash and other Highland assets
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to lead, manage, and supervise staff
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry
* Working knowledge of major beer styles, including origins and flavor profiles
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
* Willingness to work on evenings and weekends is required.